This is not a question that has a single answer, Because best exercises for chest pain vary depending on the individual’s medical condition and ability. However, here are some general exercises that can be helpful for you.
What is exercise for chest pain?
Best exercise for chest pain – There are exercises that can help you get relief from chest pain. Such exercises are generally gentle and less effective.
Because you can’t use heavy equipment or do strenuous poses for the chest, these exercises can help improve circulation and flexibility in the chest area.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – Whenever starting a new exercise program, be sure to consult your doctor first.
Especially if you have chest pain.. because it is a delicate matter your doctor can help you determine which exercises are safe for you.
Best exercise for chest pain
Here 3 best exercise for chest pain relief which can helpful for you –
1) Chest stretches:
Chest stretches exercises make the muscles flexible and loose, improves the movement of the chest muscles and reduces the strain and gives relief in chest pain.
Here are some chest stretches that you can do:
Overhead Chest Stretch: To perform this exercise for chest pain, spread your feet at shoulder width and now stand straight. After that interlace your fingers behind your head and bend your elbows.
Then with a rest, carefully raise your arms up and press your shoulder blades together. Maintain stretch for 30 seconds.
Chest Opener: To perform this exercise, sit on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Now take your arms behind your back and hold your hands together.
Now you have to slowly lean back and lift your chest upwards. Maintain this stretch for 30 seconds.
Side-Lying Chest Stretch: To do this, you have to lie down on your stomach, now spread your arms towards the side, palms should be facing down.
Then, using your left hand to push yourself up, slowly roll onto your right side.
Keep your left hand on the ground for balance. Hold the stretch in this pose for 30 seconds, then repeat on the other side.
All of these exercises are just a few of the many chest stretch exercises that you can do for chest pain relief. The point to note here is not to put too much pressure on yourself. If you feel any pain, stop the stretch immediately.
Here are some more tips for optimizing chest stretches:
- Breathe deeply and slowly during to do chest stretch.
- Be gentle and don’t toomuch force the stretch.
- Hold each stretch for at least 30 seconds.
- Repeat each stretch 2-3 times for best results.
- If you feel any pressure or Problem, stop the stretch immediately.
Chest stretches exercise can helpful for you to improve your flexibility, range of motion, and posture.
It can also help to relieve feeling tightness in the chest and upper back of your body. If you are looking for ways to improve your overall fitness, chest stretches are a great to start good.
2) Wall chest stretch:
To do this exercise, the support of the wall is necessary, so first of all stand with your back on the wall and your feet should be shoulder width apart.
After that you have to place your hands on the wall at shoulder height and bend the hands forward till you feel movement or relaxation in your chest muscles. wait for 30 seconds.
Sure, here are the steps on how to do a wall chest stretch exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and facing a wall.
- Place your right hand on the wall at shoulder height, making sure the palm is facing down.
- You have to lean towards the wall until you feel a stretch in your left chest.
- While doing this, keep the back straight and shoulders relaxed.
- Do this for 30 seconds and then repeat the same on the other side.
Here are some tips for doing a wall chest stretch:
- The thing to note here is that your back should be straight.
- If you feel excessive stretch or pressure, end the exercise i.e. don’t take too much pressure.
- You can also bend your knees to get a better feel for the chest.
- If you are doing this type of exercise for the first time, then start with less time and gradually increase the time.
Here are some of the benefits of doing a wall chest stretch:
- Improves flexibility in the chest muscles.
- Helps to relieve tightness in the chest and upper back.
- Improves posture.
- Reduces the risk of injury.
3) Doorway chest stretch:
It is done by the door. To do this exercise, stand on the door by spreading your arms upwards.
You will then need to place your hands on the door frame at shoulder height, and then lean forward until you feel a stretch in your chest muscles. Do this for 30 seconds.
Sure, here are the steps on how to do a doorway chest stretch exercise:
- You have to keep the feet shoulder width apart and stand at the door.
- Raise your arms up, bending at a 90-degree angle with palms facing forward.
- Rest your palms on the door frame. If this is too painful, try moving your elbows down slightly.
- Slowly step forward with one foot.
- Feel the stretch in your shoulders and chest. Stand upright and don’t lean forward.
- Hold the stretch for 15 seconds, or as instructed.
- Step back and relax.
- Repeat 3 times, or as instructed.
Here are some tips for doing a doorway chest stretch:
- Your back should be straight and make sure your shoulders are in a comfortable position.
- Don’t put too much pressure on it. Stop immediately if you feel any pain.
- Keep the speed of breath normal.
- Initially start with short hold times of 15-20 seconds and gradually increase the duration as you get more comfortable.
Here are some of the benefits of doing a doorway chest stretch:
- It’s Improve flexibility in the chest muscles.
- Helps to relieve tightness in the chest.
- Improves posture.
- Reduces the risk of injury.
There are also some yoga poses that can help you get relief from chest pain. Some examples of yoga poses for chest pain are:
1. Cat-Cow Pose:
Cat-Cow Pose helps to relax the muscles of the chest and back. It is not difficult to do this asana, just first you have to keep your back straight and on your hands and knees.
Then as you inhale, arch your back down and look towards the ceiling. As you exhale, round your back and tuck your chin to your chest. Repeat this asana 5-10 times.
2. Chest Opener Pose:
Chest Opener Pose helps in expanding the chest and shoulders. This gives relief in chest pain. To do this asana, sit on the floor by spreading your legs in front of you.
Lean forward and touch your toes. If you can’t reach your toes, hold onto your shins or ankles. Stay like this for 30 seconds.
Yoga is as effective an exercise as it is to get relief from chest pain. If you do Yogasana regularly, you will see accurate results and the benefits of Yoga remain for a long time.
Apart from exercise yoga, aerobic exercise can also help in relieving chest pain, by doing these you can also get rid of the complaint of chest pain.
Some examples of aerobic exercise include:
• Brisk walking:
This means brisk walking, although it is a low-impact exercise that is also easy to do, for which you must walk at least 30 minutes a day.
Running is a more vigorous form of aerobic exercise. If you run for some time daily, then you can get relief from the problem of chest pain.
Swimming is a great way to get aerobic exercise and improve flexibility. The good thing about this is that you will not get bored doing this exercise and it is fun, making it a good option for people with chest and joint pain.
Important Tips for relive chest pain:
In addition to exercise, there are other things you can do to help relieve chest pain, such as:
Getting enough sleep:
When your sleep is complete, your body is in a comfortable state and there is no tension in the body which can also cause pain.
So when you have a good sleep your body is fully rested then you remain stress free. which is able to deal with the pain in a better way that is why it is important that you take 6 to 8 hours of sleep daily.
Stress can also cause pain in your chest, this is also a very important cause of pain, so you have to manage stress, for that make a habit of doing yoga, meditation, pranayama and stay healthy.
Eating a healthy diet:
Unhealthy food can also be a reason for your chest pain, because food effects our overall health, if you eat healthy food, you will always be healthy and can also cure your chest pain.
For that, you have to avoid unhealthy food in your diet and eat healthy things like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, juices, dry fruits and homemade food.
Do not take it lightly if you experience chest pain for a long time. It is important to consult a doctor to rule out an underlying medical condition that could be a serious problem.
However, regular exercise, yoga practice and other lifestyle changes can help in relieving and improving chest pain, but do consult a doctor.